Thursday, February 12, 2009

Lettered Streets show is up... now i will sleep





Well... Lettered Streets show is up... and this morning, while thankfully the frames weren't in a splintered heap on a bed of shattered glass, i did find a matting error. Poo. I'll sneak in there tonight before closing and straighten that out. Get it? "straighten that out"?? oh man... I slay myself.

Anyhow, the critics are already gushing with positive reviews:
"It makes me feel good."
- some girl

"Totally awesome! I remember when I used to take pictures just like this."
- some guy my age

"Aw, what happened to the paintings?"
- some lady


But generally, people do seem to respond positively to the images, and that's 100% pretty cool.

Thanks for all the encouragement everyone. For a more formal, less cynical look at the show, swing by Ollestad Photography.

DO IT!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations dana! i'm blown away by all your hard work. BRAVO!

Michael Nightmare said...

Your living the dream....... of that dude that used to photograph like you haha....You should have asked if he'd like to be your intern then!

_explosions said...

oh man... THAT guy was hilarious.

much like paper cuts are hilarious.

mewilliams said...

Good job Dana, you worked hard and got it done!
Bellingham doesn't know what just hit them!
laehciM

Anonymous said...

well done dana. wish i could see it in person. your work is awesome.

_explosions said...

thanks mike, thanks tyrone.

i really appreciate the encouragement!

Anonymous said...

I got a kick out of how you described the various people commenting on your photos - some girl, some guy, some lady - ha!
Perhaps anonymous, but still helpful, eh? I must check out Ollestad Photography sometime. Way to go, Dana. I guess you are being productive up there!!!!

Anonymous said...

This is AWESOME Dana. Im so proud of you. I wish I could come and see this for myself. Maybe one day I will take a road trip. Congrats on this.

Anonymous said...

Dude,

Do you remember that scene in Jerry Maguire when the Kinko’s worker says, “That’s how you become great man, hang your balls out there.” Now you’re going to have to rent it the movie to see the scene. Congratulations on a job well done!

John Doe

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!!! I want to kick the snot out of "some girl", stomp "some guy" till he cries and tell "some lady" to get some taste! Some people just don't know great art. Your work is absolutely gorgeous. =)

Anonymous said...

Actually, I guess upon rereading your post...I don't need to kick the snot out of "some girl"....oooopss!